Winter Hot Tubbing Is The Best!!!!
Most of our customers fully enjoy hot tubbing all winter. Recently a customer was happily mentioning to me just how fabulous his experience was the night before with the snow coming down around him and his hot tub lights on. It was like a Winter Wonderland paradise! Indeed in a Marquis hot tub with the rotating LED colour light show, it’s like having your Christmas lights in your tub!
Tips to enjoy your hot tub all winter:
- Time your drain cycles to the season – Most of you know you should drain and refill your hot tub every 3 to 4 months as a rule, so why not time it to the season? You really don’t want to be changing the water in the dead of winter, so a great schedule to have is the end of Nov – March – June, Sept, and then Nov again.
- Heating takes longer – It goes without mentioning that it takes longer to heat up a tub in the winter. It’s also false logic to turn your tub’s temperature down if you are going to heat it up 2 to 3 times a week anyway to use it. It cost less to maintain a tub in a controlled environment with a good cover and insulation than it does to turn it down and crank it up frequently.
- Keep the air off! – Having the air on means you are blowing COLD air into your WARM water! Needless to say, your heater will have to work extra to maintain your set temperature.
- Keep the cover on properly – Ensure the skirt is not creased or caught in the corners and ensure when closed it is sitting correctly. It also doesn’t hurt to brush off the snow every once in a while.
- Keep your water balanced – Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you can let your guard down on balancing and sanitizer. it may be cold outside but it’s still hot in your tub where bacteria can grow if not properly sanitized.
Happy winter hot tubbing! Have some stories to share about your winter Hot Tubbing? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be sharing some of these in future blogs for all to benefit from!
Do you have a question or comment about this blog or about the experience of buying a hot tub?
What People Are Saying About Our Work
From start to finish, Gib-San has been an absolute pleasure to work with. Every step of the way was handled professionally and punctual. Our end result was even more amazing than we had imagined and we would recommend them to anyone looking for a detail-oriented and friendly company!
We were very impressed with GibSan. Would highly recommend this company. All the members of the Gibsan team were very respectful and professional. It was the hottest summer and our backyard has direct sunlight. The Gibsan team worked very hard everyday despite the incredibly hot working conditions. They arrived dressed in GibSan attire and they were friendly and always respectful. We absolutely love, love, love our new pool!!! We would highly recommend the GibSan team!!! Special thanks to John, Mario and his fantastic team!!!
Gib-San was terrific. They were very nice to work with, had great design ideas and finished the project on time. We love our new pool! Special thanks to John and Reggie. The whole team was great.
Start Your Backyard Oasis Today
We are committed to bringing you the most value for your money, start today with a FREE consultation.