POOL SAFETY TIPS
As we head into the hazy, lazy days of summer… please take a moment to review all safety elements around the pool. Here are some quick tips:
- Check all backyard fences and pool gates. All gates should close securely behind you.
- Any door or window that leads to the pool should have additional locks that are not reachable to young children
- Swimming lessons are a life skill for all children and adults alike. Enroll!
- Never leave any child unattended in or by the pool
- Ensure you have enough Personal Floatation Devices for children and guests
- Don’t be shy about asking other adults to watch while the kids are in the pool.
- Hire a Lifeguard when you have larger parties to ensure all swimmers are safe
- Do not leave toys out on your pool deck when not in use
- Inspect your pool daily to ensure there are no hazards
- If your pool is cloudy and you cannot see the bottom – do not allow anyone to swim until clear
- For more tips visit … Splash and be Safe Water Safety for Kids