Most of our customers fully enjoy hot tubbing all winter. Recently a customer was happily mentioning to me just how fabulous his experience was the night before with the snow coming down around him and his hot tub lights on. It was like a Winter Wonderland paradise! Indeed in a Marquis hot tub with the rotating LED colour light show, it’s like having your Christmas lights in your tub!
Tips to enjoy your hot tub all winter:
- Time your drain cycles to the season – Most of you know you should drain and refill your hot tub every 3 to 4 months as a rule, so why not time it to the season? You really don’t want to be changing water in the dead of winter, so a great schedule to have is the end of Nov – March – June, Sept, and then Nov again.
- Heating takes longer – It goes without mentioning that it takes longer to heat up a tub in the winter. It’s also false logic to turn your tub’s temperature down if you are going to heat it up 2 to 3 times a week anyway to use it. It cost less to maintain a tub in a controlled environment with a good cover and insulation than it does to turn it down and crank it up frequently.
- Keep the air off! – Having the air on means you are blowing COLD air into your WARM water! Needless to say your heater will have to work extra to maintain your set temperature.
- Keep the cover on properly – Ensure the skirt is not creased or caught in the corners and ensure when closed it is sitting correctly. It also doesn’t hurt to brush off the snow every once in a while.
- Keep your water balanced – Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you can let your guard down on balancing and sanitizer. it may be cold outside but it’s still hot in your tub where bacteria can grow if not properly sanitized.
Happy winter hot tubbing! Have some stories to share about your winter Hot Tubbing? Email me at email@example.com. We will be sharing some of these in future blogs for all to benefit from!